Installation and management requirements for Metal Hose
The Metal Hose consists of internal metal bellows and an external stainless steel mesh sleeve and such joints. It is used as a compensating element, sealing element, connecting element, and compensation element in various gas and fluid piping systems as well as in length, temperature, position, and angle compensation systems. They are used in aerospace, petrochemical, mining and electronics, mechanical shipbuilding, medical and health, light textile and electronics, energy and construction, and other fields. In the installation process excessive twisting, stretching and bending can cause damage to the Metal Hose and the selection of the joint pulling, and jamming, so that the selection of the joint spring loss of compensation capacity, so the correct installation is to ensure the life of the Metal Hose guarantee. Below I will give you specific instructions.
This is the list of contents：
(1) The Metal Hose must be checked before installation and problems must be eliminated in time.
(2) During lifting, measures must be taken to prevent damage to the Metal Hose.
(3) During installation, do not hit or tap the outer surface of the Metal Hose with hand tools. Do not use strong flanges and bolts to eliminate installation deviations, to prevent welding slag from spilling onto the hose, and to prevent mechanical wear.
(4) Metal Hose should be installed in a straight line in a free state. Do not stretch or compress it axially and place it naturally in a horizontal position. This will avoid forcible pulling, squeezing, or bending away from the mesh of the Metal Hose, which should not be subjected to tensile stress and should be kept in a free position.
(5) After installation, the height of the Metal Hose from the natural ground should be greater than its lateral displacement compensation. No brackets or supports should be provided on the Metal Hose.
(6) Pipes and Metal Hose connected to storage tanks shall be installed after passing the water test before being put into production.
(7) Metal Hose connections should be used to ensure safety without vibration, that small earthquakes are not a problem, that medium earthquakes are resistant and that large earthquakes do not leak.
L-type installation, more common, the overall look of neat and beautiful, reduces the length of the pipeline installation, but the axial stress generated by the pipeline will act on the Metal Hose, which will reduce the service life of the hose valve.
Z-type installation, due to the length of the pipe and the number of elbows increased, correspondingly increased the investment in the project. But the axial displacement of the pipe system can be absorbed by the pipe system itself, reducing the axial stress on the Metal Hose. This arrangement is conducive to the stability of the pipe system.
In the installation of a Metal Hose, both consider the tank settlement, temperature deformation and earthquake, and other factors generated by the lateral displacement, but also consider the various factors generated by the axial displacement, only a reasonable Metal Hose installation, to make it play its due role, to ensure the safe operation of the transmission.